Are you feeling the winter blues? Do you feel like you wear the same thing over and over again? Well I say we need to throw out the old and lets bring in the new. We also need to care less of what is trending and what other people think. We need to look in the mirror and see who is there looking back. What colors make her eyes shine? What shoes give her a little hop in her step? What jewelry makes her giggle when she hears it jingle as she waves to a neighbor. We need to show our personality with what we wear and stop being afraid. Here are 5 ways to get out of your fashion box.
- Stop comparing yourself to everyone. You are who you are and you were created by someone with that in mind, no one is you and that is your power. This doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy someone’s look and appreciate their body but this also means you can’t get mad at yourself when you can’t wear the same thing and look the same way. Some of us are peaches and some us are strawberries, we both can be sweet but our look and purpose is totally different. Once we come to this conclusion we can look in the mirror and smile. You are beautiful, you are smart and you are more than enough. One of my favorite quotes lately is if you could believe in santa for 8 years you can learn to believe in yourself for more then 5 mins.
- Throw out clothes. Throw out the bland colors and itchy fabrics and anything worn out. Show yourself how much you love you by not wearing a nude color in a horrible fabric that has been worn so much its starting look see through. And when you throw these clothes into the bin or give away to a charity go buy some replacements. I’m not saying you need to remortgage your house to pay for your new wardrobe. And definitely not saying you can’t buy one really nice item and where the crap out of it. I’m just saying we get into ruts and get comfortable. Its been scientifically proven that colors effect our brain. I know I am always attracted to purples and blue and I must say I look good in them too. I’m specifically drawn to a dark maroon at the moment and whenever I see it my heart swoons. I will own a dress in dark maroon this year, its in the stars just maybe not my pocket book just yet. So by not only choosing colors that speak to you choose fabrics that make it comfortable to wear. My favorite blouses are ones that are extremely soft or silky. I feel more comfortable and I know I look better when I am comfortable. Plus I think I give better hugs when I wear softer clothes who doesn’t want to hug a soft cuddly bear.
- Take a few minutes before bed to put a look together. I know it take a few min and you’d rather be counting the sheep in your head but it really helps. And it totally gets you excited about waking up and putting on the brand new purple silk blouse you bought at target. I also have some hair videos that can help you get some quick easy hair do’s to complete your look. Click Here for my YouTube channel. My point in these tips is when you put the time into your look you definitely feel more confident and can knock your work day out of the park with energy to spare.
- Relax and take a beauty night. I am a sucker for painting my nails, doing a facial and watching my scum TV. I know you know what I’m talking about the TV shows you can’t watch with anyone for fear of being looked different after they know. My dirty pleasure is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I feel so much better the next day and my nails are looking good and my make up goes on better. I do think that taking that time for myself helps me be a better me and by default I treat people better. Plus I really don’t have any drama in my life that I love watching rich people and their rich problems.
- Go out with your friends. Get all dolled up and wear that new bright soft outfit you bought and go let loose with your friends because when you feel good you look good. And we all work too hard to not play hard and who better to pick you up out of the rut then your girlfriends. If you don’t have any friends then go out to a place by yourself and meet some. Its scary and you might come home with out making a single friend but the feelings you get when you come in from a night like that will give you such pride and power. The things that are hard and scary are always the most rewarding.
I hope this helps get you out of tour fashion rut, we all get in them and sometimes they can be hard to climb out of. Stay true to yourself and life will always get easier. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Check out the shop at Anything Girly for some awesome unique pieces to add to your wardrobe.
p.s. The main pic on this post is of my best friend Carmen and If you ever second guess your fashion sense as a friend. They will never let you down.