Welcome to the party today, I am a true girls girl and I feel my best when my hands and nails look good. I have been doing my own acrylic nails for over a year now and I wanted to share how easy it is. I save so much money doing them myself and I really have come to find that its my R N R. I put on my favorite TV show and make my nails look pretty. So here are the things you will need. You can get these at sally’s or for best prices check out your local Asain nail supply store.
- Acrylic nails, lay them out according to finger so its easier to apply. I laid out an extra index finger nail in this picture, I’m always prepared.
- Nail primer or dehydrator these are the same thing its the small dark bottle.
- Acrylic powder in clear.
- Nail file
- Nail buffer
- Paper towel to wipe your brush on.
- Nail brush
- Small glass cup
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish of preferred color choice.
Set everything up like in the picture and lets get started on these nails. The first time I did my nails it took 3 hours. I am now down to an hour-ish.
- Buff up your nail with the nail file.
- Securely put nails on with quick drying nail glue.
- Cut the fake nails to your wanted length and file them to the shape you like. Oval, Square, rectangle, pointed, etc. etc.
- File your nail and the fake nail, just a little to rough up the surface.
- Brush the primer onto your nail. The primer needs to still be wet when you go to the next step. Reapply if it looks like its dried into your nail.
- Dip brush into monomer and dab on cloth, then gently dip and move forward your brush in the acrylic powder creating a small pellet ball and put it close to your cuticle. Pat the acrylic ball to cover your natural nail. Swipe your brush around your cuticle to make sure no acrylic is on your finger. Clean your brush off by dipping into the monomer and wiping on brush. Repeat the process till the whole nail is covered. Remember less is more and you can always add more on top to make thicker. Try to pat it so there are no holes and the acrylic is evenly distributed on your nail going straight into the fake nail. Do this to all 10 fingernails.[wpvideo 5Wsu0ici]
- Take the nail file and start off by separating the acrylic from your skin and nail. Put the nail file horizontaly with your finger, place the nail file between your nail and finger gently moving the nail file to straighten that new acrylic nail. File the top so all bumps are out and its a smooth surface. I usually put a show on and file my nails while I watch, this is a very important step while you are learning. You can do a pretty bad job getting the acrylic on and this is the time to clean up the mess. When I first started it would take me 2 real housewives till I was done. With all that drama it only seemed like 30 min so always seemed worth it. File File File.
- Buff your nail with the lower graded file, I call it the the buffer but who knows whats its called.
- Paint your nail. For the first couple times I did my nails this is also where I could then see where I missed some bumps or holes and I would usually re file, buff and repaint he next day. Soon after doing them so many times I have gotten fast and I can do just as good as my old nail guy in SLC.
Thank you again for coming to my blog Anything Girly. Let me know if I have good enough instructions and tips for you to be able to do your own acrylic nails. Best compliment is sharing a post so if you like what you see please send people my way!